If your air conditioner is on the fritz, don’t sweat it! In this article, we’ll walk you through six of the most common AC problems and their solutions. For AC repairs in Vaughan, contact Martino HVAC today!
Some Common AC Problems That You Can Fix Quickly
Frozen Condenser Coils
- First, shut down the AC system and keep it off until all the ice melts.
- Take a knife or sharp object to remove the big chunks of ice. Remember not to put too much pressure as the condenser fins are delicate.
- Replace the air filter or clean the clogged drain if any of them is responsible for the trouble. But if everything is fine, you need a technician of AC repair in Vaughan to solve the mystery.
- Insufficient air
- Increased humidity
- Continuous cooling cycle
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Bubbling or hissing sound
- Sweet smell or cooling sensation around the AC system
- Locate the source of the leak and turn off the power to the AC unit.
- Clean the debris out of the drain pan and unclog the drain line. You can use a wet/dry vacuum or a plumber’s snake for this task.
- Once you’ve done that, turn on the power and check for leaks. If the problem persists, call a technician.
A Tripped Circuit Breaker Or Blown Fuse
- Locate the main electrical panel and check if the breaker is in the “Off” position. If it is, switch it to “On.”
- If the breaker trips again, you may have a short circuit. In that case, you’ll need to call an electrician.
- Next, check for blown fuses. If you see a blown fuse, replace it with a new one of the same amperage. If the problem persists, call a technician for AC repair in Vaughan.
Dirty Air Filter
- First, check the batteries in the thermostat. If they’re dead, replace them with new ones.
- Next, check the settings on the thermostat to make sure they’re correct. If the problem persists, call a technician.
Contact Martino HVAC
If you’re experiencing any of the above problems, we recommend that you call a technician for AC repairs or AC replacement in Vaughan. Martino HVAC offers 24/7 emergency services, so don’t hesitate to call us! We’ll be happy to help you get your AC unit up and running again.